Prevention of varicose veins of the legs (lower extremities) allows you to avoid the early development of symptoms of chronic venous insufficiency and live a full life. Many people would like to avoid developing venous pathology. Despite this, few are engaged in the prevention of varicose veins. Modern statistics and observations of professionals show that even those patients who do not have a heredity factor are susceptible to varicose veins. Therefore, it is necessary to start the prevention of varicose veins of the lower extremities long before the first symptoms of venous insufficiency appear.
It is not necessary to say that when chronic severity, evening edema of the lower extremities, visible varicose veins appear, it is necessary to contact a specialist in the treatment of veins, a phlebologist.
What does modern prevention of varicose veins of the lower extremities include:
- Physiologically sufficient physical activity. Hiking, swimming, cycling are useful. With these types of load, the gastrocnemius muscle is involved, which maintains the necessary tone of the venous system of the lower extremities.
- Correct, balanced diet. The required amount of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and microelements must enter the body daily.
- The use of compression hosiery for excessive and static loads, as well as for air travel.
- Preventive visit to a phlebologist to monitor the state of the venous system.
By following these simple rules, you can keep your legs healthy and beautiful for a long time.
Various ointments, creams, as well as baths with herbal decoctions can give some pleasure, but they cannot prevent the development of varicose veins. All these influences are not effective prevention of varicose veins of the legs (lower extremities). Do not think that the prevention of varicose veins can completely prevent the development of the disease. There is nothing absolute in this world. Nevertheless, the prevention of varicose veins can give many years of life without symptoms of the disease.
Patient questions about the prevention of varicose veins of the lower extremities
What can not be done with varicose veins of the legs?
With varicose veins of the lower extremities, you can not do the following:
- Visit the bathhouse and sauna. If you have varicose veins, thermal exposure can cause thrombophlebitis and deep vein thrombosis.
- Prolonged stay in a static position, long walks, climbing mountains can cause the development and rapid progression of chronic venous insufficiency.
- It is also better to postpone laser depilation and massage in the area of the lower extremities until the issue of varicose veins is resolved.
What exercises can not be done with varicose veins of the legs?
With varicose veins (varicose veins) of the legs, you should not practice any exercises associated with an intense load on the lower extremities. Even brisk walking and running in good athletic shoes that train the calf muscles and relieve the veins of the lower extremities can have adverse consequences. Namely: provocation of an inflammatory reaction and the development of thrombophlebitis. It is also worth avoiding as much as possible prolonged static loads (standing or sitting). Exercises such as deadlift, squatting with weights are categorically contraindicated for patients with varicose veins. The correct load on healthy veins is a must, but with varicose veins, it is not the case. It is much easier to cure varicose veins and play sports than to treat the complications of varicose veins for the rest of your life.
Contraindications for varicose veins of the lower extremities?
With varicose veins of the lower extremities, the following are contraindicated:
- Intense physical activity on the lower extremities, static load.
- Bath and sauna, tanning.
- Wrapping and depilation.
Folk and other remedies with a dubious reputation are also contraindicated for varicose veins of the lower extremities.
How to prevent varicose veins on the legs when standing up?
The only truly effective method to prevent varicose veins of the lower extremities during standing work is good compression therapy. It is advisable to use compression class 2 stockings or knee-highs for this purpose. Special exercises to engage the calf muscle during the working day will also be helpful.
Ointment for veins and blood vessels on the legs, which is better? Modern ointments used for varicose veins have a different composition and, accordingly, pursue different tasks. Leading phlebologists most often use the following ointments in their practice: containing heparin (lyoton, heparin), anti-inflammatory drugs (diclak, voltaren) or combined (detragel). You should not overestimate the effects of ointments for varicose veins, but find a good doctor who will help you cope with the disease.