Varicose veins of the small pelvis in women (VVVMT) is a chronic disease of the vascular system. The main problem is that women of any age are susceptible to it, but it is quite difficult to identify the disease at an early stage. Late diagnosis and delayed treatment can lead to serious complications in the form of infertility, numerous gynecological pathologies and early termination of pregnancy.
In order to maximally protect your health from severe consequences, you need to familiarize yourself in detail with what it is - pelvic varicose veins, how it manifests itself and what treatment methods exist.
IMGT - what is it? This is a complex medical problem that in most cases affects the fragile female body. Hip varicose veins occur for several reasons:
- Pregnancyis the main cause of the onset of pelvic vascular pathology. During pregnancy, the most powerful hormonal changes occur in a woman's body, the uterus exerts the most intense pressure on the vascular system of the small pelvis. The end result is a significant impairment of blood flow. Also at risk are women who have undergone difficult childbirth.
- Heredity.VVMT, fragile and thin venous walls, defects in venous valves, all this can be transmitted through genes.
- Inflammatory processes.Various kinds of diseases of the female reproductive system, which are inflammatory in nature - a direct path to varicose veins.
- Overactive female hormones.Abnormal production of female hormones can provoke VRV.
- Sexual contact. Many couples actively use such an unreliable method of contraception as interrupted intercourse. In addition to the dubious method of protection, interrupted intercourse can cause a woman to have VVMT. Oddly enough, but the pathology of the pelvic veins can occur in the absence of orgasms in a woman during intercourse.
- Activity Minimum. Sedentary work, a minimum amount of walking, a sedentary lifestyle - all these are the causes of varicose veins, and not only the pelvis, but also the lower extremities.
- Heavy physical exertion.Excessively active lifestyle, lifting weights, regularly carrying heavy objects, for women can result in varicose veins.
- Clogged veins.Blockage, venous congestion (phlebostasis) and obstruction of the veins of the ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes lead to varicose veins.
According to statistics, VMT is often diagnosed in girls aged 16-17 years (about 20% of all cases of pathology detection). However, the disease is more ruthless to older women - 80% of women after 45 years of age are forced to fight varicose veins of the pelvic organs.
The symptoms of pelvic varicose veins are very diverse. The difficulty of diagnosing at an early stage of the disease is that most of these symptoms of women are attributed to a formal, temporary malfunction in the body.
Not attaching much importance to the ailments that have arisen, a woman subsequently has to deal with the already advanced stage of the pathology, supported by numerous complications.
The main symptoms are:
- regular menstrual irregularities;
- severe pulling pains in the lower abdomen (aggravated after sexual intercourse, lifting weights, standing or sitting for a long time, hypothermia, as well as in moments of nervous strain);
- urination disorder;
- specific discharge from the genital tract;
- increased negative emotional background in the premenstrual period;
- the appearance of venous nets and cobwebs characteristic of varicose veins in the thighs, buttocks and perineum.
The disease can manifest itself with 2-3 symptoms. Some women have noted the appearance of an absolutely complete list of the above symptoms.
Varicose veins - ecstasy of the pelvic veins, leading to a violation of the outflow of blood from the external and internal genital organs. To diagnose this disease, careful examinations are required.
In modern medicine, the followingmethods of studying the vascular system of the pelvic organs are used:
- ultrasound examination (ultrasound);
Laparoscopyis used extremely rarely, in cases where there is a danger of serious concomitant pathologies. It is performed using an endoscope.Requires a puncture in the peritoneal region.
Ultrasoundis a common form of diagnosis, widely practiced in many fields of medicine. Allows the doctor to see an overall picture of the condition of the pelvic organs. This type of examination brings a minimum of discomfort to the patient and does not require any surgical intervention.
Doppler ultrasonography of the pelvic veinsis an ultrasound examination of the vascular system, which allows early detection of dysfunction of the vein valves. During the examination, the doctor has the opportunity to get a visual representation of the state of the veins of the pelvic organs, displayed on a special screen.
Pelvic phlebographyis a radiograph. Before the start of the study, the patient is injected with a contrast agent, which allows the maximum examination of the condition of the veins, the presence of blood clots, clots, stagnant processes in them.
Methods for treating varicose veins
Treatment of pelvic varicose veins depends on the stage of the disease:
- At the initial stagethe veins expand by no more than 5 millimeters. The most dilated veins are in the upper region of the left ovary.
- In the second stage, the veins expand by no more than 10 millimeters. Pathology covers both the left and right ovaries, as well as the uterine veins.
- At the third stagethe veins are maximally dilated, more than 10 millimeters. Varicose veins are often accompanied by an oncological neoplasm (tumor of a benign or malignant nature).
Doctors say that it is impossible to completely get rid of varicose veins. However, this is not a reason to give up and allow the disease to progress.High-quality, timely treatment will help slow down the destruction of veins, restore blood flow,eliminate symptoms and significantly improve the quality of life of a woman.
First of all, it is necessary to wear special medical underwear. Use medicines in the form of gels, ointments and creams, as well as medicines in the form of capsules and tablets (which help to normalize blood flow and strengthen the walls of blood vessels).
You need to start eating right - a maximum of fiber, vitamins, fruits and vegetables, a minimum of fatty, salty, spicy, fried and smoked foods.
Active medication support, dietary nutrition, physiotherapy exercises, therapeutic linen, the most healthy lifestyle - this is the formula of treatment. To enhance the therapeutic effect, you can connect the recipes of traditional medicine.
At an early stage, it is extremely important to take powerful medicines thatincrease the tone of veins and blood vessels, as well as resist the formation of blood clots.
It is imperative to conduct regular examinations and consultations with your doctor. In case of deterioration in health, the doctor may decide on a more radical method of treatment.
In some cases, the attending physician will prescribe an embolization. By introducing a special preparation (containing a sclerosing substance), blood flow and the structure of veins and vessels are restored.
When diagnosing the third stage of the disease, especially if varicose veins are accompanied by an oncological neoplasm in the form of a tumor, conservative treatment will be absolutely ineffective.
The only way to cope with the disease is surgery. Excision and ligation of the vein damaged by varicose veins is performed.
Unfortunately, even such a cardinal method as surgery is not an absolute guarantee of complete elimination of the disease. In most cases, relapse is inevitable.
As you know, a disease is easier to prevent than to cure. There are several simple methods of prevention, the observance of which will help protect the body from this disease:
- Normalize the operating mode. Long stay in a static position negatively affects the vascular system. If by the nature of the profession it is necessary to sit at the computer all day long, or vice versa - you need active work on your feet, it is important to take breaks. During a break, do simple warm-up exercises for a few minutes. This will not only allow you to relax and stretch your muscles, but also restore blood flow. It is also necessary to minimize the lifting of heavy objects.
- Stable bowel function.Good stomach function, lack of constipation and regular healthy stools will minimize the presence of excess waste in the body. This requires high-quality nutrition, a large amount of fiber, the absence of alcohol and junk food.
- Contrast shower.This method will not only strengthen the immune system, but also improve the functioning of the circulatory system. To prevent varicose veins of the small pelvis, the flow of water must not be forgotten to be directed to the perineal area.
Periodic medication intake. The use of creams and ointments, as well as the passage of preventive treatment, significantly increases the chances of protecting the body from varicose veins. Every year it is necessary to undergo 4 courses of medication aimed at strengthening the walls of veins and blood vessels, to normalize blood flow and protect the circulatory system from blood clots.
Before prophylactic treatment and taking any medications, you should consult your doctor!
So, pelvic varicose veins is an insidious disease that can have serious consequences, and is also very difficult to treat.
In order to prevent serious health problems, you need to take good care of your body, and in case of the first signs of varicose veins, immediately seek help from a phlebologist.