Many people know how to look like veins in the legs varicose defeat. But tumidus purple blood vessels appear, patients immediately. The disease develops gradually, which means that the degradation could be prevented. Knowing how to look the stage of varicose veins on the legs, what measures help to stop the disease, one is able to take care of your health. Timely access to a doctor and changing your lifestyle will help to prevent complications and disability.
The stage of the disease
Varicose vein disease of the lower limbs develops gradually. The totality of the symptoms of this vascular disease fit into scaena for. Classification describe the next stage of the varicose veins of the lower extremities:
- Stage 1 – payment;
- Stage 2 – subcompensated;
- Stage 3 – decompensation.
Sometimes complications of the disease refers to manifestations of stage 4 varicose veins.
Some patients called stage degrees. In fact, in degrees klassificeret the severity of manifestations of chronic venous insufficiency:
- 0 degree — failure is absent;
- 1 — manifestations of the syndrome of "heavy legs";
- 2 — unstable swelling;
- 3 — persistent edema, the appearance of hyperpigmented, lesions of subcutaneous tissue, eczema;
- 4 – the emergence of trophic ulcers.
To have an idea about how the disease develops, you should carefully review photos stages of varicose veins and to elaborate on the description of the symptoms of this vascular disease.
The description of the first stage of the varicose veins deserves the most attention because the occurrence of changes of this level often goes unnoticed. The appearance of limbs is not changed. People who have similar symptoms, do not hurry to go to the doctor and to change something in your life, habits. This leads to loss of precious time and resources of the organism. After all, in the first stage of varicose veins is possible to cope with the disease with minimal losses.
You should pay attention to the following indications:
- In the legs the feeling of heaviness.
- There is pain in legs, legs are "tired".
- Swelling of feet and ankles.
- Cramps in calf muscles at night.
- Of the skin visible spider veins, mesh.
Discomfort in the legs with varicose veins of degree 1 appears in the evening or after a significant load: if the person stood or walked long distances. The disease is in a compensated state, an ordinary activities do not suffer. Therefore, patients describe the symptoms as coming to the end of a hard day and not give them value.
After a night's sleep or relaxing the discomfort and swelling are. Small venous "stars" in the legs or hips is perceived as a cosmetic defect that is not a reason for seeking medical help. So complaints at this stage of varicose veins no. Their condition, patients assess how "tired" or "this feature of the feet."
In the first stage of varicose veins already necessary to consult a vascular surgeon. Treatment includes:
- The use of the therapeutic hosiery for continuous wear. At this stage, you should choose products class 1 compression. Wearing them will help to normalize the outflow of blood from the legs and feet and prevent further progression of the disease.
- Physiotherapy. The procedure assigns a phlebologist; well-established use of magnetic therapy. Also, at the initial manifestations recommend the adoption of laser therapy, helping to deal with emerging spider veins.
- The purpose of the courses of drugs acting on the vascular wall
- Sclerotherapy and microsclerotherapy. If signs of varicose veins is carried out bonding affected veins, entering into their gleam special substance sclerosant.
- Hydrotherapy: cold baths, contrast shower for the night to relieve swelling and improve venous tone.
The lifestyle change: the normalization of weight, hormonal levels, avoiding harmful habits and physical exercise to stimulate the blood flow in Vienna, lower legs, reduce the risk of progression of varicose veins.
If you do not take any measures vascular disorders lead to changes in the wall of the vein, the valves do not cope with the increased workload. The first stage symptoms become more pronounced, new. The disease begins to limit activity. Varicose veins enters the stage of subcompensation.
Patients at this stage noted:
- Swelling of the legs.
- Pain in the legs.
- Bloating in the legs.
- Frequent cramps in calf muscle at night.
- Disturbed skin sensitivity on the legs, appear "creepy".
- On his feet are visible enlarged blue veins.
Varicose veins 2 likely save the unpleasant symptoms and after a sufficient rest. So, swelling of the legs during the night does not pass, the pain begin to occur even after normal loads.
About the disease speak eloquently of the veins in the lower extremities. They are visible on the posterior surface of the tibia in the popliteal fossa, the inner surface of the thigh. The skin over the affected veins may itch, occurs numbness, possible initial manifestations of pigmentation. Varicosity often affects blood vessels in both legs, but there are unilateral symptoms.
The second stage of varicose veins will require constant wearing compression underwear 2 class. This Jersey has a more pronounced compressis action, preventing the development of structural changes in the walls of the veins and the deformation of the valves. After surgical or non-surgical treatment your doctor may recommend the use of elastic bandages.
- Medication at this stage of varicose veins in the legs will not be as effective as the initial manifestations. Recommend the appointment of a venotonic and vascular preparations.
- Hirudotherapy. The use of leeches to improve blood properties, to reduce the disruption of blood flow and swelling.
- Short Stripping – surgery to remove sections of the affected vein.
- The use of non-surgical method of Foam-form. The essence of the procedure consists in introducing into the affected large veins sclerosant foam. Injection of substances block the blood vessels.
- Hydrotherapy, contrast showers.
When moving the varicose veins in the third stage the symptoms of the infection veins in the legs represented stagnation and malnutrition of tissues. Pronounced skin changes at the stage of decompensation easily seen with the naked eye. Symptoms of varicose veins 3 degrees to substantially limit the life activity of the patient.
Here the clinical signs of this stage:
- In the course of the veins marked tenderness.
- Swelling of the feet is of a permanent nature.
- Patients note a pronounced heaviness in the lower limbs.
- Bloating, pain, bother almost constantly, rest does not improve the condition of the feet.
- Night, frequent cramps in the legs.
- The veins start bulging, they expanded all over or in certain areas, the channels have a blue-purple color.
- Around the major veins visible fine mesh of smaller vessels.
- At this stage, pronounced skin changes: dryness, flaking, thinning, appearance of brown pigmentation over the affected veins.
- From stagnation in the veins and lymphatic system of the subcutaneous tissue begins to harden.
- Malnutrition stage 3 leads to the deterioration of nails, loss of vegetation on the legs.
- The disruption of blood flow leads to the appearance of bluish tinge of the shins and feet "feel cold".
At the stage of decompensation of varicose veins recommend wearing compression hosiery class 3 compression or the use of elastic bandages.
Medication includes courses venotonic, vascular preparations. If you experience pain syndrome recommend local use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory funds.
Surgical treatment at this stage of varicose veins is carried out to a greater extent than at the initial manifestations of the disease. Of the advisability of one or another technique it is possible to speak only after a thorough examination, identify complications and comorbidities.
This stage of varicose veins patients are often referred to as 4 degree of disease, so you should describe the symptoms in more detail. The occurrence of complications associated with changes in the condition of the walls of the veins, impaired local blood flow. Malnutrition of the tissues with varicose veins leads to trophic changes. The vessels of the legs become more fragile, so easily torn from minor impacts, leading to bleeding or adhesion of blood cells (platelets) to the site of injury. So when running the varicose veins develop the following complications:
- Trophic ulcers. On the skin of the feet appear purple-crimson spots, then on this place there is a defect in the skin with a sore, jagged edges. From the surface of ulcers may ooze a yellowish turbid liquid. If I join infection, the appearance of pus. This condition is difficult to treat.
- Bleeding. At this stage of varicose veins the walls of veins become thinner, become brittle. Bleeding may be associated with some additional damage or occur spontaneously. Blood poured out or penetrates subcutaneous tissue.
- Thrombophlebitis. If you encounter this complication of varicose veins the patients complain on pain along the affected veins, swelling of the legs. Limb to touch more than cold. If the thrombosis occurred in the superficial veins, localization of damage possible to determine during the inspection: the focus of inflammation expressed pain, the skin appear purple-red stripes.
- Deep vein thrombosis. One of the most serious complications at the stage of decompensation. This complication is patients with varicose veins notice immediately, because the clot is not always completely covers the affected vein. Pain, swelling of the legs. Bright skin no symptoms. A dangerous complication of a blood clot separation and drift in branches of the pulmonary artery with the lightning development of the embolism, from which the patient dies in a few seconds.
Treatment of varicose veins (4th degree or complications of the disease) may require hospitalization due to the inability of the state control in the home. The danger of this stage lies not only in the emergence of life-threatening disease, but in the event of recurrence of complications.
- Medication includes the use of venotonic, vascular drugs, anti-inflammatory drugs.
- The appearance of trophic ulcers connect local therapy, aimed at accelerating the healing of these defects of the skin, local antibiotic therapy.
- When thrombophlebitis of superficial veins is carried out venectomy.
- Deep vein thrombosis is being treated in hospital: the conservative drugs that dissolve the blood clot and reduce its viscosity, or perform a thrombectomy.
Bleeding from the veins when varicose veins require immediate assistance: apply a compression bandage, raise the affected limb, if possible apply ice and call the ambulance.
Physical therapy is also recommended when complications of varicose veins:
- ultraviolet irradiation;
- magnetic therapy;
When the first signs of varicose veins should seek immediate medical help to avoid disease progression and the emergence of life-threatening complications.